History of Grange Park

Grange Park was obtained partly by Public Subscription but mostly by the Urban District Council in 1929 from the owners of the Coulsdon Court Golf Course.  The land was sold for use as an open space or pleasure and recreation ground.  Grange Park was formerly part of Squire Byrons Coulsdon Court Estate.

The Village War Memorial stands on the edge of the park and takes the form of a simple wayside cross with the inscription:

'These men of Coulsdon, gave their lives in the War, 1914-1918.'

The panels at the base contain the names of the fallen.

The Park lies within the Bradmore Green Conservation Area which was designated in 1968.


Photograph kindly supplied by Gary Watson

Text source: Croydon Council